I prefer Google's response, which surprised me because I initially thought ChatGPT would better consolidate all the information I needed into a single source. However, I found Google helpful in providing graphics and videos demonstrating how to tie a tie and offering sources for further information on my other questions.
Depending on the nature of the research, ChatGPT can still be more beneficial for researchers than Google. It excels at providing different perspectives on topics without requiring users to sift through numerous tabs. Additionally, ChatGPT engages in a conversational flow, making it easier to explore questions without repeatedly rephrasing them. I use different keywords, as I would on Google.
One improvement that could enhance ChatGPT's utility is the inclusion of visual aids in its responses, especially when appropriate, such as when I asked how to tie a tie. While the response was detailed and descriptive, the lack of visuals was disappointing, particularly for me as a visual learner.
On the other hand, Google is superior for finding information from specific sources. I prefer the answers from Google because they address my questions and provide the sources of the information. This aspect is crucial, as it is essential to find the answers I seek and understand where that information originates. I know there is misinformation and biased sources out there, and if a source isn't provided, I can't be sure that ChatGPT's response is credible.
Overall, I would not consider replacing Google with AI for information searches because Google is better at providing reliable information along with sources and can present information in multiple formats. Meanwhile, ChatGPT is better suited for brainstorming ideas and exploring different perspectives.
Comments
Post a Comment