1. The standard LAFS.3.RI.2.5 aims to help third graders learn how to use kid-safe search engines effectively. Students should understand how to navigate hyperlinks, find online textbooks, use the search bar and sidebars efficiently, and search for keywords related to their topics. I am well-prepared to teach this, as I have spent considerable time researching and writing academic papers in college, developing these skills. Given how technologically savvy most kids are, this concept will be easy to teach.
2. The resources on CPALMS could serve as valuable starting points for creating my lessons related to the standard. However, I don't want to rely solely on the lessons from the website; I aim to add my personal touches. I recognize that the provided lessons may not benefit all my students due to their varying learning styles and accommodations. I selected the standard MA.K12.MTR.2.1. which involved teaching students how to demonstrate understanding by representing problems in multiple ways. This can include using visual aids and graphs and making comparisons. Among the resources offered, I particularly liked the video on using Double Bubble Diagrams to compare math concepts. This resource is essential because it is highly applicable in any math lesson, and knowing how to use and interpret diagrams is a crucial skill for students.
3. Being a proficient Internet searcher is essential for teachers. Technology is becoming increasingly integrated into the classroom, providing more excellent resources when we know how to utilize them effectively. The advanced Google search will be the most valuable for me moving forward among the Internet searching skills introduced this week. I appreciate that this feature allows me to search for specific formats, which will be incredibly useful when looking for lesson materials. This way, I can avoid sifting through unrelated information and focus on content directly related to my keywords.
One additional skill I would like to learn is how to Google search for images. This would be helpful for projects that require incorporating images. By searching the pictures students use, I can verify their sources and ensure they are academic. Additionally, this skill would enable me to trace the origin of a graphic I find online that I particularly like.
Comments
Post a Comment