In this class, I hope to learn about different types of technology used by teachers and how they are incorporating these tools to make instruction easier. When I was in middle school, many of my teachers used apps like ClassDojo and Kahoot. I'm excited to see if apps like these are still effective today or what alternatives have emerged. I'm also interested in understanding how and why AI is or is not being utilized in classrooms. This has been a hot topic in my other education class, but I hope we can delve more deeply into educational technology.
In my Introduction to Education class, I use technology to help me create lesson plans and participate in group work during class time. We often use an app called Padlet for collaborative discussions. This app allowed all group members to make edits, design, and add material to our group's board from our separate devices, and it also enabled us to view the work of other groups. I utilize the website Cpalms to find ideas for lessons, and I use Canvas to create engaging PowerPoint presentations.
I enjoy exploring the various ways people learn. As a Women's Studies major, I am also particularly interested in understanding different cultures and perspectives on common issues. One of my favorite hobbies is watching murder mysteries and trying to solve the case before the killer is revealed. Recently, I've utilized the FSU online database for reading resources, and I often turn to YouTube for tutorials and concept breakdown videos.
Comments
Post a Comment