Skip to main content

Blog Journal #3

 


  1. Copyright and fair use are essential topics to address in third grade. If students become accustomed to repeating precisely what their textbooks or other sources say, it could lead to issues in later grades where Copyright and fair use are taken more seriously. There is
    generally less concern for teachers regarding copyright issues thanks to the many online resources available for educators designed and posted with the intention of multiple teachers using this template. However, it’s still crucial for teachers to incorporate their own teaching styles and personal touches into lesson plans created by others. Additionally, it is extremely important to teach students to use sources for reference rather than simply restating what the book says. When students learn to express concepts in their own words, they develop their ability to summarize and understand information more deeply.
     

  1. As a future teacher, I plan to address academic dishonesty by developing a strong understanding of my students' writing styles. By familiarizing myself with their typical writing style and vocabulary, I will be better equipped to spot any discrepancies if they use technology to complete their assignments. Another effective method to assess whether a student has genuinely done their work is to ask them to summarize their submission. I will pay close attention to any terminology or phrasing that differs from what is written in their assignment. If I encounter a student who has committed academic dishonesty, I will require them to resubmit the assignment. Still, this time, they would need to complete it in class. This approach would allow me to monitor their work closely and ensure they are not using technology to enhance their submissions.  

  1. AI, like ChatGPT in the classroom, can positively and negatively impact teachers. On the positive side, it can generate ideas for presenting information to students and create strategies to simplify complex concepts. However, I believe that ChatGPT is not suitable for student use at the third-grade level, which is the age group I want to teach. Students at this age are too young to grasp the difference between using AI for brainstorming and using it to complete their assignments. Conversely, if I were teaching at the high school level, students would be better equipped to use ChatGPT to enhance their learning without replacing their effort or understanding.  

  1. I faced some challenges while creating my newsletter since it was my first time using Microsoft Word for this purpose without a template. This assignment taught me how to utilize features like WordArt and columns effectively. In the future, I can improve my newsletter by preparing my graphics beforehand and having a clear idea of the information I want to include. The skills I have gained from this assignment will help me create more newsletters that reflect my unique teaching style. While using a template can simplify the process, creating a newsletter from scratch allows me to showcase my individuality as a teacher. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

I learned A new skill from the web design assignment: embedding links into a website. I find this skill incredible and believe it will be helpful in the future if I ever need to build a website for a company or as a teacher. I applied all of the CRAP design principles to my website, but I found readability to be the most challenging aspect. This was mainly because I wanted to use a theme that incorporated a lot of black and white, making it difficult to choose a text color that remained easy to read.  I enjoyed this assignment because it helped me better visualize what makes me unique as a teacher. However, I wish I could have also seen my classmates' websites. I wish I had figured out how to change the location of the content bar on each page. This way, when scrolling from page to page, I wouldn't have to return to the top of each page to navigate.

Blog Journal #6

 I had a positive experience using AI to generate a lesson plan. I appreciated how the process felt conversational. One significant benefit of utilizing AI for lesson planning is that it breaks everything down into sections. If I have questions about a particular section, I can ask the AI to expand on it. Another aspect I enjoyed was that AI provides examples of lessons related to the topic. This is valuable because the examples differ from those available on Cpalms and are likely to be more unique. However, I have one concern about using AI to generate lesson plans, which is that it doesn't typically account for classroom management unless specifically prompted. This would be better addressed using a dedicated teacher website like Cpalms. Overall, this experience has made me more inclined to use AI for planning future lessons because I appreciate the ability to brainstorm different examples in one place and have those examples detailed thoroughly. However, I don't think I will...

Image Attribution.

  " Hands on Learning at BizWorld " by  Clotee Pridgen Allochuku  is licensed under  CC BY 2.0 .