1. I have been using MS Word for a long time. In high school, I relied on it primarily because I wasn't familiar with other writing tools. When I started applying to colleges, I created a new Gmail account and began using Google Docs. I appreciated that Google Docs automatically saves each document, eliminating the need for manual saves. However, I have since switched back to MS Word because Google Docs has limited storage, while my MS Word account through the school offers a lot of available storage.
2, The standard that is most important to me is 2.4.b: Learn Alongside Students. I believe this standard is crucial because teachers, like students, are lifelong learners. There is always more to learn, whether it’s discovering a new teaching method or gaining insights about students. Technology is an area where continuous learning is essential, as there are always new updates and versions of familiar apps that teachers use. Today's students often navigate technology more efficiently than their teachers, so it's beneficial to listen to them about more effective ways to integrate technology into the classroom. Additionally, teachers can learn a lot from their peers about which types of technology are most effective in an educational setting.
3. I like the term "digital native" because it accurately captures how adept the younger generation is at using technology. To me, a digital native is someone who frequently engages with technology and has the knowledge to demonstrate more efficient ways for others to use it. However, I believe that you don't have to belong to a specific generation to qualify as a digital native. Technology is constantly evolving, and, like any other subject, the best way to understand it is through hands-on experience. I am also not a fan of the term "digital immigrant," as I think it is unnecessary. Not being a digital native does not imply a lack of technology knowledge or that its use is completely unfamiliar. Both teachers and students have their unique approaches to using technology. In my experience, most teachers utilize technology to maintain communication with students, peers, and parents, while students often use it for their everyday tasks. However, I have noticed that more teachers are increasingly incorporating technology into their classrooms and daily lives. They recognize the necessity of doing so because their students are already adept with it, and technology is becoming more integrated into routine activities.
Comments
Post a Comment